The town of Canby was platted on August 9, 1870. By 1884, the need for a church “in town” prompted the construction of the white frame church on what was then called “block eight” of Canby’s 1870 mapped town site of 24 Blocks.
In 1910, the white frame church and its two lots were valued at $3,000, but were soon considered too small. The following year, Frank E. Dodge was hired to build a new Moorish Architecture church; which still stands. It is the current facility for the Church of God of Canby. At that time, the little white frame building was moved to the north of the lots and turned to face Elm while construction on the new building took place.